[free-sklyarov] The American Association of Publishers issues a press release

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sat Jul 21 01:07:45 PDT 2001

Mike Coleman writes:

> 2.  Complain, courteously, to their members, many of which we're probably
>     members of (e.g., ACM, IEEE) or give lots of money to (various book
>     publishers) or that are closely associated with various universities
>     (which can hopefully be expected to appreciate gravity of this issue).
>
>         http://www.publishers.org/home/abouta/members.htm

It is shocking that some organizations for the blind are members,
given this statement and how bad DRM may be for those with
disabilities.

Someone should let the disabilities organizations know about how DRM
can undermine 17 USC 121 and inhibit accessibility.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I