[free-sklyarov] -- OFFICIAL CHICAGO PROTEST INFORMATION --

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Sat Jul 21 15:37:59 PDT 2001

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:

> ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: *** We are *NOT* protesting the FBI or the FBI's
> action in this case. They are "doing their jobs" by following the DMCA
> which *is* in effect. Protesters are specifically requested NOT to bring
> anti-FBI signs or shirts to the protest.

I'm not going to tell the Chicago folks how to run their protest, but let
me state that I firmly believe that the FBI and DoJ are in the wrong in
this case. Dmitry should never have been arrested. *If* this is an actual
DMCA violation, it would be Elcomsoft that is to blame, not Dmitry.

The FBI screwed up. Again. This is nothing new.