[free-sklyarov] An Alternative Line of Argumentation

Izel Sulam izel at sulam.com
Sat Jul 21 17:48:50 PDT 2001

Cousin Willie wilhelm_quatsch at portalofevil.com wrote:

>Golly.  I'll bet that those poor, dumb "sheeple" out there sure will
>appreciate having a Giant Superbrain like yourself come down and explain
>things to them in "babyspeak" so that they can understand, too.

I think being a sheep is an informed choice, not a genetic condition. I am
not implying that sheeple are people with sub-100 IQ's. Sheeple are people
who choose to unsuspectingly accept the messages delivered to them by the
media, who choose to spend the least amount of time possible in digesting
these messages, who choose to occupy themselves with entertaining pursuits
most of the time. Most of them are very productive members of our society.
They just choose to be completely unproductive in their spare time.

None of these are inherently bad things. Sheeple are not bad people. But
they are difficult to get through to. We must recognize this and we must
streamline our messages in a way that makes them easy to digest. NBC, ABC,
et al, have mastered this art in producing 30 second news soundbytes each
and every day.

With that said, if anyone wants to insult me, feel free to do so by private
email. This list is to Free Dmitry, not to Insult Izel.

Thanks,
- izel