[free-sklyarov] DMCA flyer

David Carmean dlc at halibut.com
Sat Jul 21 17:57:33 PDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 12:23:49AM -0600, Paul Gowder wrote:

> Draft of flyer about DMCA, Sklyarov in plain text below (see the .doc
> format one in previous message, if it ever makes it past list message size
> limits).

[snip]q

> Mr. Sklyarov then came to the U.S., to discuss his work at a convention in
> Las Vegas.  Adobe, aware he would be coming to the U.S., ordered the FBI to
> arrest him.

I would change this, to what I'm not sure, but we'll lose credibility by
claiming that a private corporation can order a government agency take
a particular action.  People will dismiss us as paranoid conspiracy
theorists.

[snip]

> He is now being held in an undisclosed location, awaiting arraignment.

"As of this printing, he is being held...."  And a date should be included
somewhere.