[free-sklyarov] Parallels?

Christopher R. Maden crism at maden.org
Sat Jul 21 23:17:00 PDT 2001

I'm going to take a wild guess that Photoshop has been used at least once
to modify or copy a work of child pornography.

If Dmitry is morally guilty of software piracy,[*] then doesn't it follow
that the individual Photoshop programmers are morally guilty of child
pornography?

Is there a succinct way to work that into a protest sign?

-crism

[*] I understand that he's not charged with software piracy.  He's charged
with trafficking in forbidden technology,[**] but the reason that that's
illegal is because it will obviously give rise to rampant software piracy.

[**] I like "forbidden technology" better than copyright technology
circumvention tools; it conveys, I think, the accurate feeling of
totalitarianism and dystopian fearmongering.
--
"You will find that the State is the kind of organization which, though
it does big things badly, does small things badly too." - J.K. Galbraith