[free-sklyarov] An Alternative Line of Argumentation

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sun Jul 22 11:03:01 PDT 2001

Sometime in July Seth David Schoen assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Izel Sulam writes:
|
|> I would like to repeat very strongly what my suggestions are for statements
|> to the press tomorrow. Statements to the press should stress that this is a
|> consumer rights issue. Adobe makes a very expensive line of crypto
|> products, and claims that these are secure, and they are not, and this is a
|> fraud and a sham, and Dmitry Sklyarov brought this to the attention of the
|> world, and now Adobe is getting him illegally arrested rather than
|> imporving their products.
|
|However, "improving" their products would harm consumer rights even
|more.  Consumers aren't the ones who want "security" that tries to
|prevent ordinary uses of digital media.

ahh.. it would help adobe's consumers (those seeking to protect their work
with adobes ebook stuff-call them C1). you are speaking of people who
consume products made by adobe's consumers (call the people reading the
ebooks C2). izel is saying that improving adobe's products would help C1
not C2.

--
john