[free-sklyarov] An Alternative Line of Argumentation

Andrew Lawrence ausage at ausage.com
Sun Jul 22 11:48:13 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 01:41:12PM -0400, Izel Sulam wrote:
> I would like to repeat very strongly what my suggestions are for
> statements to the press tomorrow. Statements to the press should stress
> that this is a consumer rights issue. Adobe makes a very expensive line
> of crypto products, and claims that these are secure, and they are not,
> and this is a fraud and a sham, and Dmitry Sklyarov brought this to the
> attention of the world, and now Adobe is getting him illegally arrested
> rather than imporving their products. Adobe is a profit-hungry

Also,

Orginally the copyright laws were to encourage writers and authors to create
new works for the public.  Now, the DMCA is being used to restrict the ways
libraries and the public can use the works they purchase.  Dimity Sklyarov
wrote a program that gave those rights back to the public.  NOW HE'S IN JAIL.