[free-sklyarov] St. Paul/Mpls Update

nobody moseng2 at underwhelm.org
Sun Jul 22 11:46:05 PDT 2001

We had an organizational meeting last night, and discussed our plan of
attack.

We will meet outside the Warren Burger federal building in Saint Paul (316
Robert Street, Saint Paul) at 11 am. We encourage protesters to dress
nicely (as if we had come from corporate jobs downtown), and come informed
and ready to talk.

A press release will be issued today, probably calling our St. Paul action
an awareness campaign rather than a protest because I don't expect the
attendance to be very large or demonstrative (judging by who attended the
organizational meeting).

Our focus will be first to educate people about Dmitry with the goal of
ending his prosecution, and second to educate them about the DMCA with
the goal of having it repealed.

Parking may be a challenge, but the building is at one end of the Robert
Street bridge over the river, and the other end has plenty of parking.
Meters are enforced, and most only hold 1 hour at a time, so avoid them
and park in a ramp or lot instead. Parts of Kellogg Blvd are under
construction, so avoid it when coming in to town.

I have gotten a cell phone, which can be reached at 651-353-1513. As
always, I can be reached at freedima at underwhelm.org, but I will be at work
today, so the cell phone might get a quicker response.

Good luck everyone.

freedima at underwhelm.org