[free-sklyarov] Re: Why?

mike castleman mlc67 at columbia.edu
Sun Jul 22 13:16:36 PDT 2001

I, for one, am not "ignoring" EFF's request. I read it, considered it, and
decided that, although they are generally wonderful people, they are wrong
in this case.

The EFF, as a bunch of "big guys with real lawyers" (less bias is
debatable), obviously has a preference for a negotiated solution. This is,
of course, quite sensible, but I don't think the EFF fully understands the
power and momentum going that has built up over the past week. It seems
that Adobe (or at least Adobe's PR firm) actually might, so they have come
up with this meeting as a means to weaken the protest movement and the
media coverage thereof. I'm a bit upset that EFF has fallen for what I
consider to be a classic corporate stalling tactic, but I don't feel that
I should therefore be required to fall for it.

Therefore, I will be in San Jose this Monday.

mike

// mike castleman, mlc67 at columbia.edu
// cell: +1 (646) 382-7220
// "facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - aldous huxley