[free-sklyarov] Time of Adobe/EFF meeting?

Peter pmasloch at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 16:14:55 PDT 2001

But what is wrong with waiting one more day? It is only one day. You
should give
them (the EFF) this chance. After that, you can protest 24/7 as much and
as long you want.
Peter

>It could easily be 1, whether planned by the EFF or no.  No very subtle
>tactic, just the standard, almost necessary for structural reasons,
tactic
>of:
>
>The more middle of the road reformer/revolutionaries are inside
negotating
>with the oppressors while outside the crazies can barely be held in
check.

>oo--JS.

The problem with good cop/bad cop is that the bad cop has to be involved
in
the planning too.  Otherwise (s)he might listen.  There will be a lot
less
crazies running about outside, now that the EFF has publicly put its
credibility behind the idea of "negotiating" with Adobe.

I don't think the EFF realizes what it takes to get an action going.
The
fact that I, for example, called a friend in Seattle (and a veteran of
the
WTO wars) and asked him to try and turn out people for Seattle, would be
damaging to _me_ and my friend if Seattle had agreed to delay like
Portland
did.

I did call Will, and heard only "trust me."  Well, sorry, but I don't --
not without a convincing explanation.

         -Paul

--
	-Paul Gowder

"It's because they're stupid. That's why everyone does everything."
     - Homer Simpson

	<paul at paultopia.net>