[free-sklyarov] Time of Adobe/EFF meeting?

Daniel Richards kyhwana at world-net.co.nz
Sun Jul 22 17:38:51 PDT 2001

On 22 Jul 2001, at 17:42, Seth Finkelstein wrote:

> 	With regard to the conflict between the goals of
> Free Dmitri/Overturn DMCA, I don't think we have reached a point
> where there is much tension between them at all. That is, I
> don't believe anyone is thinking so deviously as to reason that we
> need a martyr and a test case, so sacrifice Dmitri's well-being
> by having him be in jail so that The Cause has a rallying-point
> to overturn the DMCA.
Both groups basically want the same thing, although there is the fact
that Dmitry IS innocent and didn't do what the FBI arrested him for.
(Unless is presentation counts, then you _really_ want to get rid of
the DMCA since it is unconstitutional)
Dmitry should NOT be "used" by us as a Martyr because this isn't
his fight, the US is not even his own country.
The idea is to get Dmitry out of jail and home, while at the same time
addressing the law that put him there.
If anyone wants a martyr THEY should write a circumvention device
and sell  it in the US (Hey, like Streambox did. Why wasn't Alex
Telitsin arrested?)

I think that in order for it to be a criminal case (and thus rot (d'oh) in
jail) you have to profit from the "device".

http://www.boycottadobe.com Don't let companies make speech they
don't like illegal! - Free Dmitry!
Daniel Richards PGP Pub key:
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/DanielRPubKey.asc
Fingerprint: 416D 4027 D635 AF51 F2BF  60DF 4D94 F7A0 9893 2848