[free-sklyarov] What needs to be done.

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Mon Jul 23 00:23:33 PDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 10:13:00AM -0700, Jason DeRose wrote:
> 3) We need to organize for long term resistance. As
> long as Sklyarov is in jail, regular protest should be
> held; moreover, if his arrest has sufficiently
> inflamed the community, as long as the DMCA exists,
> regular protest should be held.  Because of the
> limited time for organization, this first protest may
> not have dramatic impact on the public--but there is
> always the following Monday, and the Monday after
> that...

this is good advise. it worked over here for the freedom of eastern
germany. the first monday protests were just isolated cases of civil
disobedience, but they grew into a movement. after a month, they were
everywhere and powerful. another month and they had driven the first
officials out of office.