[free-sklyarov] URGENT: needed, slashdot article!

Jim Thompson jim.thompson at pobox.com
Mon Jul 23 07:47:48 PDT 2001

    C> see below email from hemos.  I tried my hand on an adobe-neutral
    C> "23 protests are happening" story and apparently it wasn't good
    C> enough.  so fo for it, guys!  30 minutes before the start of our
    C> EST protests!  make sure to tell people they can come late, just
    C> *come*!  --s

    >> i don't know why slashdot isn't running a 'protests *today*'
    >> article.  the eff is behind them at this point.  it's pertinent
    >> political activism.  we need the extra slashdot bodies, although
    >> it might now be too late.

    Hemos> Because no one has submitted a good one.

Oh, puhleeze.  These guys will make sure they have a movie review
written up for every major flick that might interest geeks, but when
something truly newsworthy comes along their excuse for missing the boat
is "Because no one ELSE has written the story." ?  Jeeze... and they
wonder why people laugh when they call themselves "journalists".

OK, so what has been submitted so far?  I don't have the raw facts at
hand to throw together my own story, but I volunteer my humble editorial
skills to help anybody else get their story polished and ready to go.
Maybe we can put together something that Hemos won't turn his nose up
at... in time to publicize the west coast protests.

Jim
jim.thompson at pobox.com
http://jimthompson.org