[free-sklyarov] crackers

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Mon Jul 23 11:28:12 PDT 2001

Hey folks,

I got home from the Free Dmitry rally to see what was up with my box,
and it was cracked around 4:00 last night. I didn't even notice this
morning. So far I haven't seen any damage to the system but am backing
up my latest data and will be reinstalling (and switching to Debian
which was planned anyway) as soon as I can.

Apparently less than a week of active involvement in the Anti-DMCA
movement was enough to draw a cracker to my box. Unless of course you
believe in such coincidences. I do not.

So, please be aware that all services on my box will be only
intermittently available. That includes the Free Dmitry DC mailing
list, the LDP Review mailing list, the LDP Database, and the DocBook
by Email Processor.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

             Free Dmitri ->  http://www.boycottadobe.com
      Washington, DC Protest http://www.lupercalia.net/adobe/

Bill Gates says banks are dinosaurs, well, some dinosaurs run real fast and
bite the hell out of you.
	--Unknown