[free-sklyarov] RENO RALLY REPORT

Sam Phillips sam at dasbistro.com
Mon Jul 23 14:31:05 PDT 2001

It was great.  At peak we had 11 people in the hot sun holding signs and
handing out flyers.  For those of you who aren't familiar with Reno, the
Federal building is at the edge of the Downtown where all of the
tourists drop their money into a bucket.  So there was a lot of motor
traffic going on.  Surprisingly more people than you would expect knew
about what was going on.

The local alternative weekly newspaper came out, and one of the TV
stations sent out a crew and interviewed me.  While protesting we got a
call from UPI, who was trying to get a hold of as many of protest groups
as they could.

Around 12:30 I called down to the San Jose protest, and was deafend by
the people that were there.  Lot's of noise at their rally.  Very cool.
Got info about EFF/Adobe meetings, and got a earful of "What do we want?
When do we want it?"

Overall we had a great event.

Free Dmitry!

--
Sam Phillips <sam at dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada