[free-sklyarov] Big Brother is watching you

Tabinda N. Khan tabindak at best.com
Mon Jul 23 22:29:08 PDT 2001

Quoting roylo:

> Think about it, one day you walk down the street in Iraq and you got pick up
> by the local
> Islam police because you had a pork chop before you on board the plane to
> Iraq.
> Ok, maybe I can understand that ('cause it is Iraq")

I know this is off topic and I really don't want to start a
flamefest, but one of the things which has troubled me the
most since joining this list and other various Dmitry
discussions are the repeated references to other countries as
examples of backwards places. I would appreciate it of we
could tone down references such as, "It's like being in China"
or whatever. Guess what--it's not in China or Iraq--it's here,
the good old U.S. You should deal with that instead of
making people wonder which you know less about--Islam or Iraq.

The more we stick to the topic at hand instead of comparing
the U.S. to "backwards" countries, the better off we'll all
be. It's getting insulting. No, I'm not Iraqi. Or Chinese. Or
Jewish.

Tabinda