[free-sklyarov] A Few Words in the Aftermath

Sam Phillips sam at dasbistro.com
Mon Jul 23 23:55:33 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 05:48:04PM -0700, Jon O . wrote:

> Also, the TV media is spinning the story as, "Russian arrested for something
> legal in his country." That is not the issue. The DMCA is, which is also part
> of a treaty with other countries. Furthermore, we need to the right to audit
> security on these types of devices

I don't remember what the TV media here said exactly but I know the
words "outraged computer professionals" "programmer arrested in Las
Vegas" and "DMCA" were all involved.

--
Sam Phillips <sam at dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada