[free-sklyarov] Robert Mueller

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Tue Jul 24 01:26:49 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:54:21PM -0400, Izel Sulam wrote:
> Our first set of protests were basically an Adobe smear campaign and they
> worked. We attracted attention to Adobe's lousy security and fradulent
> business tactics through messageboards, websites and protests. Adobe had to
> do everything in its power to control damage. They are out of the picture
> now. They were the weakest link, goodbye.

exactly. and it wasn't even hard for them, since the damage is done.

> The next weakest link is Mueller. He will want to be confirmed with
> absolutely no controvery surrounding his position. We must start banging
> our drums and shouting very loudly - starting NOW - that Sklyarov was
> arrested illegally even under the strictest interpretation of the DMCA. We
> must criticize Mueller for wanting to head a lawless bureau that cares
> nothing for the laws it is supposed to respect and uphold. We must make
> this incident as embarrassing for him as possible - so he will resolve it
> quickly and quietly.
>
> Comments, suggestions welcome.

I'm sure we can get eurorights.org to file an official protest letter
or something, and I'm positive that I can get at least one local news
website to run a story that mueller won't like. but all those will be
minor events. what's important is that someone (declan?) pick them up
and spin them into "international protest against mueller's
nomination".