[nylug-talk] RE: [free-sklyarov] any New York action planned?

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Tue Jul 24 02:12:57 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:45:08PM -0700, Klepht wrote:
>     JS> I think in New York we may protest Mondays at the New York
>     JS> Public Library.
>
> Jay,
>
> Not that I'd tell you what to do or anything... but aren't you a
> little worried that if you make it a regular thing, it'll get stale
> real fast?

not if it keeps getting momentum. this was the very way in which a
tyrannical government was overtrown about 100 miles east of my
doorstep.

eastern germany had these monday protests. at first, they were barely
noticed, then they grew and grew and got completely out of control of
the government forces. I'm sure you've all seen the pictures of
thousands of people shouting "Wir sind das Volk!" (we are the people).

so this kind of repetitive event CAN work. if done right.