[free-sklyarov] Thank You All!

Ryan Waldron rew at erebor.com
Tue Jul 24 06:53:45 PDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Aleksandr Milewski wrote:

> Adobe asked the EFF to "do what they could to hold off the protests."
> As the EFF didn't call the protests in the first place, they didn't
> have much to lose, and if it got them to the table, everything to
> gain by agreeing.
>
> I forget who it was that pointed out that we should "read between the
> lines," but we did, and it worked.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether Adobe is using the FBI as its
street protestors.  Now that it's got the suit underway to its liking,
it can piously proclaim that it would rather the FBI drop its suit,
but "Hey, it's out of our hands, we can't control what those guys
decide to do."

I hope not, but it would be an interesting bit of irony.

Anyway, kudos to the EFF for getting this far with executive piglets
at Adobe.

Ryan Waldron    |||   http://www.erebor.com    |||    rew at erebor.com

"The web goes ever, ever on, down from the site where it began..."