[free-sklyarov] letter to Mueller

Anton Chterenlikht a.chterenlikht at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 06:55:55 PDT 2001

Following is aletter I just sent to Mueller. I enclosed a letter to Dmitry. Feel
free to
modify this according to your feelings and send it today.

anton

--------  beginning of letter  --------------

Robert S. Mueller
United States Attorney
U.S. Department of Justice
Northern District of California
11th Floor, Federal Building
450 Golden Gate Avenue, Box 36055
San Francisco, California 94102

Anton Chterenlikht

Email: a.chterenlikht at sheffield.ac.uk

Dear Sir,

I was very happy to find out that Adobe Systems Inc. is “withdrawing its support
for the criminal complaint against Dmitry Sklyarov.” Colleen Pouliot, Senior Vice
President and General Counsel for Adobe. He also said “ (
) the prosecution of
this individual in this particular case is not conducive to the best interests of
any of the parties involved or the industry”

“San Jose, Calif., (July 23, 2001) (Nasdaq: ADBE)--Adobe Systems Incorporated and
the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) today jointly recommended the release of
Russian programmer Dmitry Sklyarov from federal custody”

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200107/20010723dcma.html

I therefore hope that the US Department of Justice will revise its initial charge
and free Dmitry from custody as soon as possible.

I have known Dmitry for nearly ten years, both as a bright student at Moscow State
Technical University (BMSTU) and then as a top-level researcher in security. He is
a supportive, law abiding, husband and father of two young children who has never
taken part in any illegal activities.

Attached is a letter for Dmitry. If it is possible could you please pass this
letter to him.

Thanks a lot,

Yours Sincerely,

Anton Chterenlikht