[free-sklyarov] wow - the world is ending (fwd)

proclus at iname.com proclus at iname.com
Tue Jul 24 07:20:29 PDT 2001

On 23 Jul, Andrew Lawrence wrote:
> On July 23, 2001 09:06 pm, Pablos Kadrevis wrote:
>> I think this guy needs to be engaged in a lively discussion about fair use.
>
>>> Lets see - I buy home security for my house.  Someone figures out the
>>> flaws and sells it to people.  So all can break into my house.
>
> This is legal and done all the time.  In fact, in my community the police
> department will come, inspect your house and give you a list of "security
> problems needing correction" for free!
>
> Seems very similar to what Dimitry did.

In fact, if I buy a lock or a security system for my house, I am
entitled to take it apart, figure it out, and change it according to my
own needs.  The lock is my property, not the locksmith.  The DMCA says
that the locksmith effectively owns your house, as it were.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/

--