[free-sklyarov] FW: I applaud Adobe for withdrawing criminal charges against Sklyarov -- an opinion piece

noring at olagrande.net noring at olagrande.net
Tue Jul 24 08:06:38 PDT 2001

[I just made the following post to The eBook Community
(ebook-community at YahooGroups) and thought it may be of
interest to some of you. Jon]

The following piece posted to The eBook Community (TeBC)
is solely my personal opinion, and does not necessarily
reflect the opinions of my associates nor of my several
organizational affiliations.

=====

Regarding Monday's joint press release by Adobe and EFF, I
applaud Adobe for taking the moral and ethical high road and
withdrawing its support for the criminal complaint against
Dimitry Sklyarov. It is what I have come to expect from one
of the world's premier software companies.

Let's pray that the Justice Department will follow the joint
recommendation, and drop all criminal complaints against
Sklyarov so he can return home to his wife and children in
Russia.

It is now important for the many and various ebook industry
players to learn from these events, and to constructively
work together, despite our inherent differences, to build
the ebook future. Pointing fingers, and dwelling on past
events (other than to learn from them) is useless and
non-constructive, a waste of energy.