[free-sklyarov] Thank You All!

Marvin marvin at qubit.computershop.calgary.ab.ca
Tue Jul 24 08:23:56 PDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ryan Waldron wrote:
> I guess what I'm wondering is whether Adobe is using the FBI as its
> street protestors.  Now that it's got the suit underway to its liking,
> it can piously proclaim that it would rather the FBI drop its suit,
> but "Hey, it's out of our hands, we can't control what those guys
> decide to do."
>
> I hope not, but it would be an interesting bit of irony.

That is exactly what is happening.  (1) They are still crowing about how
the DMCA "worked".  They started the perhaps irreversable chain of events.
And they are still the enemy, continuing to defend the DMCA.  In the
long term it is the DMCA that is the problem.  There will be plenty more
Sklyarov's in the future so long as companies like Adobe fight for it.
AND Dmitry is still in jail!

Austin Hook
Calgary