[free-sklyarov] Next-Mueller!

Mark K. Bilbo mark at blorch.org
Tue Jul 24 08:42:12 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 07:32, Jim Thompson wrote:

>     Mark> The FBI has gotten a *lot of bad press lately. I think they'd
>     Mark> be touchy about more...
>
> ...and maybe in the mood to bust heads.  Be careful, folks.

Maybe so *but that would just look worse for them.

All the rallies, in every city, were calm, peaceful and had articulate people
speaking to the press. Not at all your screaming radicals eh? <g>

The press has caught wind that Something Is Up. Educated, professional,
technical types are actually taking to the streets. Emerging from offices and
cubicles and risking bad sunburns. <g>

But, seriously, this would be very, very, VERY hard to "spin" as "we cracked
the heads of dangerous radicals." Particularly when you've got the cell phone
toting, Net savvy, geeks out there who can have pictures and a website online
before you can start swinging the clubs.

And I think the press is going to pay even more attention now. This protest
sprang up out of "nowhere." Happened in cities all over the US. And a
corporation ended up wetting its pants and running away with its tail between
its legs.

I suspect if we throw in a bit more coordination for another protest, we'd be
able to pull in more of the mainstream press than this last time. Right about
now, some of the major news organizations are staring at the photos and
wondering what's going on. I'm sure they're used to the screaming, rock
throwing types. But programmers? Geeks on the march? IT folk with credentials
and professional association memberships? I mean, huh?

Also, speaking of Mueller, I think I'll head over to my senator web sites and
start launching some emails.

Mark