[free-sklyarov] GIMP instead of Photoshop

Anton Chterenlikht a.chterenlikht at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 11:28:54 PDT 2001

My duties at work include some pattern recognition research. I was considering the
purchase of Photoshop. After all this I do not want to but it anymore. I've just tried
GIMP, it does everything what I need.

I do not think I would have ever found it without the information on
www.boycottadobe.com (which is removed now).

Actually many terms of your discussion I simply cannot understand. I think if more
people will try to use more simple words it will attract more non-programmers to the issue.

There are lots of good people around but they just do not understand what's
going on because it seems that you are living in another world. That's why general
public tend to call 'hacker' everyone who knows that Microsoft is not the only one
software company in the whole world. It's sad.

Of course general public (me) is also lazy, that might be the major reason for their
apathy.

anton