[free-sklyarov] Robert Mueller

Dan Martinez dfm at area.com
Tue Jul 24 11:47:49 PDT 2001

Klepht wrote:

> One thing that's being mentioned fairly frequently in the press is John
> Ashcroft's new initiative against <fnord>cyberterrorism</fnord>, and how
> this will make it difficult to get the DoJ to back down.

Yeah, I caught that. (Didn't 2600 try, unsucessfully, to get reporters
into the press event where Ashcroft announced the new initiative, with
the intention of asking him pointed questions about Sklyarov?)

Do you suppose there's any point in trying to tell Ashcroft and his
cohorts that their energies would be much better spent putting the
fear of God into script kiddies than busting programmers like
Sklyarov?

--
Dan Martinez		"I wish I could find some real crime to fight."
dfm at area.com						-- The Tick