[free-sklyarov] Protest on Sat. 10:00am

Kris kris at firstworld.net
Tue Jul 24 15:11:12 PDT 2001

At 02:45 PM 7/24/2001 -0700, roylo wrote:
 >1.) Err. I think it opens in the  morning (The Court Does)
 >2.) don't know
 >3.) Yes, but the traffic in San Francisco is bad; so not many can make it
 >(or want to go)
 >4.) no ideal
 >
 >The ideal behind it; is that if the protest crowd were large enough(100+)
 >then people/media will start paying attention to it.
 >Sat. seems like a good day, 'cause most people has to work during week days.

I agree about holding Saturday/Sunday events.  Unlike Adobe, we aren't
going to personally influence the people that control Dmitry's fate with a
small protest.  Those people are professional bureaucrats with badges,
guns, gavels, huge egos and complete cover your ass mentality.  Further,
many of those that we wish to influence are located in D.C - like Senators,
Representatives and our own "beloved" USAG.  What we need are massive
rallies that make the newspapers and TV and increase the awareness of our
cause.  We can get a lot more people to rallies during the weekend then
during the week.

Face it,  if you're a newspaper editor, what is more interesting, a 100
people protesting on Monday, or a 1000 people protesting on Sunday?

just my $0.02

Kris