[free-sklyarov] He's free.... (fwd)

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Jul 24 15:47:29 PDT 2001

Sonia Arana writes:

> [...]

No doubt he means "express intent being illegal uses".

I know people who have bought CD burners for legal purposes.  (I
bought a CD burner myself mainly because I develop a CD-based open
source rescue system, the LNX-BBC bootable business card.  I have
been known to burn audio CDs sometimes, but generally I burn data.)

I think the interesting point here is whether people will think that
the substantial noninfringing uses are really substantial, or whether
they're contrived.

As far as I'm concerned, they are substantial and very real.  However,
I don't really like to read books on a computer these days, and I love
to read books in print.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull