[free-sklyarov] The OSCON sleeps on ...

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Tue Jul 24 17:32:04 PDT 2001

San Diego is a beautiful place. Laying around in a first class hotel
by the bay, talking techie talk, drinking a cool beer afterward, ...
Well I suppose it is easy to see why the OSCON is somnolent.

In private conversations with key figures in the Open Source Community
and from the Free Software Foundation, I find no special concern or
passion for this issue. More a matter of fact, business as usual, let
the EFF do it attitude. Dmitry Sklyarov is in jail and the Free/Open Source
software community is taking a "ho hum" attitude.

Were this just another civil suit I could see that. But given the
egregious nature of the action precipitated by Adobe, and carried
out by the FBI, with the full sanction (apparently) of the DOJ one
must wonder at the laid back attitude.

So it goes,

Bob La Quey