[free-sklyarov] PLEASE No Mitnick Comparisons!!!

Peter pmasloch at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 24 19:31:45 PDT 2001

You are right, Kevin played this games. However, the point of Kevin's
story was that he was sitting in jail for 2 years without bail or trail.
Peter

Free Dmitry Sklyarov
Stop the DMCA
http://www.freesklyarov.org
http://www.boycottadobe.org

I just read Declan McCullagh's article titled "Slyarov Release in Feds'
Hands", and I was a little disturbed.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but the following statement is a very
negative
reference in my mind.
just as irate hackers once defaced websites with "Free Kevin" slogans --
reference to convicted
hacker-hero Kevin Mitnick -- some seem to be doing the same now with
Sklyarov.

I must admit I'm not 100% familiar with the details of Kevin Mitnicks
troubles.  But I DO know he had been accused of playing games with
governement agencies and taunting them.  What got him caught was playing
games with a Security Professional who got ticked off enough to help
authorities catch him.  This is NOT the case with Dmitry at all.  I
believe
that there is a far wider range of supporters for Dmitry.

- hh