[free-sklyarov] He's free.... (fwd)

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Wed Jul 25 01:00:37 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:47:29PM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > I guess the idea that there are tools in my home that can be used for legal and
> > illegal uses makes the most sense in understanding the arguments here.
> > Everything from cd burners to bongs are sold legally with the express intent
> > being legal uses.
>
> No doubt he means "express intent being illegal uses".

no, I'm sure he means what he writes. cd burners are sold for legal
uses, and many exist (even with audio - I've burned a dozen or so mp3
cds for use in my car).

the point is that nothing is illegal just because illegal uses exist.
you can kill someone with pretty much everything (including pens), yet
nobody would request large portions of our stuff be made illegal
because of that - unless we're talking software, were suddenly things
work different.