[free-sklyarov] Fox letter about the DMCA to ISPs

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Tue Jul 24 17:12:53 PDT 2001

At 03:45 PM 7/24/01 -0700, Len Sassaman wrote:
>I got one of these at the web hosting company I worked at when Star Wars,
>Episode I came out. (Actually, it was a few weeks before it came out.)

It would be amusing to create very large files named Planet_of_the_Apes
hosted on very slow servers ----servers slow enough to discourage actual
downloaders, but existent enough to annoy Fox.  'Servers' includes
numerous P2P tools, so you can do this at home.

Extra credit if the very large files are uniformly distributed noise.

Extra credit if the noise has the appropriate headers so it looks like
a Divx or whatever is a plausible format.

Perfectly legal of course.