[free-sklyarov] Congress says: Keep Dmitry in jail! Washington loves DMCA...

tom moore tom at thinkpix.com
Wed Jul 25 09:37:02 PDT 2001

> i wonder just what it would take to take the internet down for a day.

Just about every third story on slashdot makes me think about this sort of
thing.  If anything, I think it should come off like a shrug, rather than an
attack to take out the infrastructure.  Just stop - stop writing software,
fixing networks, patching routers...  How long would it take for things to
grind to a halt?

I know that this is just fantasy, but between crypto restrictions, laws like
the DMCA, mandated censorware, and the like, it's one a lot of people
share...