[free-sklyarov] Congress says: Keep Dmitry in jail! Washington loves DMCA...

Mark K. Bilbo mkbilbo at cdcla.com
Wed Jul 25 09:39:56 PDT 2001

Nah, the Wobblies are too much for me too. I'm just tired of the IT folk
being smeared and outlawed every time we turn around these days. By, of
course, the very same people who couldn't boot their computers without the
Help Desk.

We've more power than we realize. Which may explain why the assault is so
strong. But I'm just in the mood of "if you don't want what we do, fine."

It would just be *so great if a group of key sysadmins went "oops, oh dear,
that'll be down all day" and just shut the blasted 'Net down a day.

But, anyway, I just keep wondering how long we're all going to keep putting
up with being smeared as "EVIL HACKERS!!!!!" and having things like DMCA and
UCITA being thrown at us. Do they expect us to be good little slaves and
just stay in our cubicles making the funny boxes work while they pee on us
every chance they get?

And now Congress is snearing at us? DMCA is working just fine eh? Meaning
it's a success in showing those geeks we can throw them in jail anytime we
like? Keep them cowed and turning the crank on the economy while we strip
all their rights away (along with the rights of any other of those "citizen"
things that get in the way).

If we're such horrible people then, gosh, I wouldn't want to keep harming
them by, oh, making the Internet go.

Mark