[free-sklyarov] Next protest?

Chuck Mead csm at MoonGroup.com
Wed Jul 25 10:11:04 PDT 2001

* Mark K. Bilbo (mkbilbo at cdcla.com) wrote:
> I've gone and come down with something (spent yesterday in bed with fever
> and crud), so I'm on the fuzzy brain side...
>
> Is there a concensus emerging on another protest? The signals coming from
> the DoJ and Congress are pretty clear they're brushing us off. This is
> starting to look like a long haul kind of thing.
>
> Myself, I'm in favor then of picking a date a bit further out then gathering
> steam. There have to be people who we haven't reached yet (I know of online
> groups I'm part of in one way or another I haven't really badgered to get
> involved yet). Maybe a few choice spots and try to build up numbers?
>
> Local stuff could still go on for those who couldn't travel but I'd love to
> see us build some bigger rallies in a few cities. Pull in more media
> attention, get the message out. ESPECIALLY now that Congress has thumbed
> their noses at us all.

It seems to me that anti-DMCA rallies might get some coverage at the
Moscone center... there's a show from 26-30 August that might be
appropriate... it would also guarantee that you could get people
from out of state to join up...

--
Have U seen the dirty bird?  | The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the
http://www.moongroup.com     | needs of an expanding bureaucracy.