[free-sklyarov] Congress says: Keep Dmitry in jail! Washington loves DMCA...

Charles Eakins admin at seattle-chat.com
Wed Jul 25 11:07:37 PDT 2001

I agree, we shouldn't do anything that make us look exactly how the media
wants to portray us.  Because in reality we're not this way.  Anyone knows
that for good security, you have to learn to crack your own system, if you
don't then only the people that have ill intentions will know how to do it,
and you won't be able to have a truly secure system.  I don't advocate
illegal intrusions, but I do advocate letting the information about it, to
flow freely, and good IT people don't have a problem with that.  Having
friends that have dealt with Microsoft on this issue, coming away can't
believing this company would ignore them, and just let it happen, until
there's an outcry.  One friend was actually sued by M$ along time ago for
pointing out security issues in ActiveX when it was in it's infancy, they
ignored him, so he wrote a control that would shut down your computer, and
posted the control on his website, not publishing the source code.  With all
kinds of warnings on what it would do, as a demo of the security flaw, he of
course one the lawsuit, but I don't think that would happen now, that the
DMCA is affect.