[free-sklyarov] broaden the movement

proclus at iname.com proclus at iname.com
Wed Jul 25 11:58:07 PDT 2001

On 25 Jul, noring at olagrande.net wrote:
> Don't know if it's been posted here already, so
> I'll go ahead and post the URL:
>
> http://www.sunspot.net/news/bal-pl.himowitz23jul23.story

That was a nice tip, and it gave me an idea.  The boycott was soooo
effective, perhaps we should call for a new boycott.

Let's boycott all media with copy protection that counters fair use.
This would include eBooks, and DVD movies, as well as some future plans
from Microsoft, and I'm sure that the people here could think of more
examples.

Companies would not like to see their products added to our boycott
list, and they might lobby congress for a change to the DMCA.  We would
only release the boycott, if the the DMCA was struck down, or modified
with fair use and academic freedom provisions.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/