[free-sklyarov] AAP will not change their tune!

Richard M. Smith rms at privacyfoundation.org
Wed Jul 25 12:58:46 PDT 2001

The number one reason that the AAP isn't going to change their mind
anytime soon
on this issue is that they helped draft the DMCA.  The AAP and DMCA go
way back.  In their
world view, Dmitry is a criminal just like any other copyright pirate.

However, not all members of the AAP subscribe to this view.  To get the
AAP leadership
to change their mind, is going to require the AAP members to speak up
and protest the
shameful press release of last week.

Richard