[free-sklyarov] Please no flames for what i'm about to propose...

Roger Kramer krw5 at qwest.net
Wed Jul 25 14:13:09 PDT 2001

I'm just trying to keep options open...

Yesterday someone correctly, I think, observed that there are 2nd amendment
issues here, too. Would anyone deny software can be used as a weapon?

I am not a lawyer, but...
The full text of the law makes various well-intentioned exceptions to the
Anti Circumvention Provision for research, etc. etc. One interesting
exception in Section 1201 (e) essentially exempts the U.S. government and
anyone acting "officially" on its behalf. ...making the U.S. gov the only
party who in all cases is allowed to bear these particular arms.

Might the NRA, yes Europe, I said National Rifle Assoc, be interested in
this? Are there any card carrying members out there that want to comment?
They have deep pockets and most of the Republican party.

roger

"...cats and dogs, sleeping together!" Ghostbusters