[free-sklyarov] Please no flames for what i'm about to propose...

mike castleman mlc67 at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 25 14:28:36 PDT 2001

Please do not interpret this as a flame; it's not intended to be.

It seems to me that equating crypto and weaponry is exactly what we
want to avoid. The pro-DMCA forces babble on and on about how people
are producing "digital lockpicks" and "digital crowbars" and other
nasty things. The last thing we want to say is, "Yeah, Sklyarov's
product is a weapon." No, we want to argue that DeCSS, eBook
Processor, and whatever comes next are useful, protected tools harmful
only to the profits of selfish corporations.

mike

// mike castleman, mlc67 at columbia.edu
// cell: +1 (646) 382-7220
// "facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - aldous huxley