[free-sklyarov] Thought: Oksana US Visit

Edmund A. Hintz ed at hintz.org
Wed Jul 25 16:49:33 PDT 2001

On 7/25/01 4:37 PM, free-sklyarov at happycool.com thus spake:

>I'll put up another $50. However, keep in mind that she still needs to get a
>visa, which is often problematic. One thing she'd need to get is an
>"affidavit of support" from somebody in the USA who can prove that he has
>enough funds to support her and her children during her stay. To get a visa
>she'd need to prove that she'll return back to Russia...I don't see how
>she'd want to stay in a country that did this to her husband, but not sure
>how that argument would fly with the embassy officials.

And before you go too fast, also keep in mind that up to this point she
has said she does NOT want to do this... So don't start collecting money
just yet folks-or if you do keep in mind that it may never go for it's
intended purpose, and instead end up in the EFF's coffers or whatever.
Not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose.

Anyway, point being, don't get too gung ho on this until somebody hears
from her directly that she would want to do this, contrary to her earlier
statements.

Peace,
Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Linux Geek,     *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Linux Consultant       *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed at hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org