[free-sklyarov] Non-US programmers (fwd)

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Jul 25 17:10:54 PDT 2001

Klepht writes:

> Jenn,
>
> Your mail to rejectmueller.com got forwarded to a list I'm on called
> free-sklyarov (see the CC: line). You were asking about what people
> outside the US can do to help free Dmitry.
>
> First off, get on this list!

> Second, one of the things people in other countries have been doing is
> organizing protests at US embassies or consulates. This may be
> something you can do in Australia. It seems that the danger of
> traveling to the US is what resonates most with non-Americans.

Note also that a well-written letter of the form

	I am afraid to travel to the U.S. and am I a person of type X
	whom the U.S. might like to have around...

(professor, college student, doctor, musician, rich tourist) might
help.  I believe the EFF is going to have a letter or two from
internationally renowned computer security experts who are now
reluctant to come to conferences in this country.

Don't falsely claim that you're afraid to come, if you're not.  But if
this incident has affected you, an account of how, and what you'll do
about it, could help.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | Lending, printing, copying, giving
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/  | and text-to-speech are permissions