[free-sklyarov] Thought: Oksana US Visit

Michael Scottaline nbhs2 at i-2000.com
Wed Jul 25 17:43:37 PDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:26:40 -0700
Roger Kramer <krw5 at qwest.net> insightfully noted:

> On Wednesday 25 July 2001 17:15, Will Doherty wrote:
> > The initial inquiry EFF offered to Dmitry's family
> > regarding travelling here to the United States was not
> > accepted.  It may be that if Dmitry is held for a
> > longer time, his family will want to come visit,
> > but the latest I heard, they are not eager, perhaps
> > quite understandably, to enter the U.S.
> >

> Yes, QUITE understandably. ...Rather like getting an invitation from
> Beijing
> to go present a paper on the merits of free speech and a free Taiwan.
>
> roger
Interesting how the mainstream press in the US has made *headline* news of
the arrest of American base scholars in China recently, but so little
mention of Sklyarov's situation.
Mike

--
"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring,
fighting, killing, and dreadful idolatry took place there."