[free-sklyarov] Open Source Support

proclus at iname.com proclus at iname.com
Wed Jul 25 18:55:57 PDT 2001

On 25 Jul, Doug McNaught wrote:
> alfee cube <sisgeek at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> i do not remember who was querying about the open
>> source community support? see this link for the 6333,
>> including the who's who of open source:
>>
>> http://www.dibona.com/dmca/
>
> Kind of interesting that RMS hasn't signed it (at least he isn't in
> the luminaries list or the first 200 visible signatories).

I'm pretty sure that this happens because of the rift between the Open
Source Initiative and the Free Software Foundation.

> He's certainly made his position clear on the DMCA...

Yes indeed.  I really loved his globalization speeches, where he talks
about the big picture.

Copyright and Globalization in the Age of Computer Networks, given at MIT.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/audio.html#MIT2001

Just in case, you haven't heard it yet.

Regards,
proclus