[free-sklyarov] Protest on Sat. morning in San Jose

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 26 04:47:54 PDT 2001

Herewith, a brief note about intelligent event planning.  (I'm for it.)

roylo wrote:

> I'm planning to hold a protest at U.S. Attorney for the Northern District
> of California office in San Jose at 10:00am this Sat.

I assume more rather than fewer people from the technical / Linux / BSD /
coder communities would be seen as A Very Good Thing.  Now, those
communities have popular (and usually regular) events, planned way in
advance, on (e.g.) certain Saturdays.  And, pursuant to that, we have
calendars -- which roylo and others might want to consult to prevent
avoidable conflicts.

I happen to maintain one of the most-used such calendars for the San
Francisco Bay Area, "BALE":  http://linuxmafia.com/bale/

Had they roylo checked it before announcing the Saturday protest,
he'd have noticed the CABAL/BALUG/BAFUG/SVBUG Linux InstallFest and
BSD Install-a-thon, Saturday 10-4, at the Cow Palace (which I'm helping
to run).  I think substantially all of us who are already committed to
be at the Cow Palace _would_ have attended a San Jose "free Dmitri"
protest at pretty much _any_ non-conflicting time.  I certainly would have.

Ruth Shanen maintains a similar calendar for the New York City area:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~casandra/linux/calendar.html

--
Cheers,            "Orthodoxy is my doxy.  Heterodoxy is someone else's doxy."
Rick Moen               -- William Warburton, Bishop of Gloucester (1698-1779)
rick at linuxmafia.com