[free-sklyarov] Fox letter about the DMCA to ISPs

Jason H Clouse jhclouse at juno.com
Thu Jul 26 07:34:49 PDT 2001

<<>     It's called being "Tough On Crime".

and I thought it's called "police state". silly me.>>

Yes, well, they're pretty much the same thing.  There's just this
overwhelming willingness to give up our freedoms in exchange for
protection in this country.  It's sickening to watch millions cry out to
their government for help as if the government were their mommy.  People
don't want to face the fact that bad things happen sometimes.  They want
to be sheltered from unpleasantness without dealing with it personally.
Thus, gun control laws: "No!  We don't want to defend ourselves from
criminals!  You do it instead.  Oh, I'm so scared!"

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.