[free-sklyarov] Backlash

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Thu Jul 26 11:24:27 PDT 2001

AD>         I was actually looking for a term for a person who violates the
AD> Constitutional copyright laws (as opposed to the unconstitutional DMCA).
What is the difference ?
Are there really Constitutional copyright laws ? What this term means
I say you there is NO ANY just copyrights.

AD> Like people who burn and sell hundreds of CDs (without consent of artists
AD> and copyright holders) for personal profit.
So what ? They help the public to satisfy its needs for cheaper price.
What is wrong with that ?

AD>         I didn't mean people who were making personal copies for fair use,
AD> or watching DVDs they own on "non-sanctioned" players.  This kind of
AD> behavior is supposed to be protected by US law.
YOu cant just state the right to use is fare one and
the right to compete is unfare. These rights go together.

AD>         We have to be careful to inform people that we AREN'T AGAINST
AD> COPYRIGHTS.  We are for the repeal of certain draconian laws overprotecting
AD> them.
That is exactly what i am talking about - I am against ALL COPYRIGHTS
because any copyright can cause conflict.

AD> The Constitution says copyrights should have time
AD> limits, but if the time limit is constantly extended, it's not really a time
AD> limit.
It does not matter how long a time limit is . Who is to decide it ?
And i say you that it should be zero.

AD>         I own copyrighted material, and I don't want people copying and
AD> distributing it without my permission.  Laws reguarding that are fine.
And i say that law is bad, because you do not have the right to decide
who and how is going to use your material

AD> I also don't want the goverment to make it illegal to be ABLE to copy and
AD> distribute my material.  Laws reguarding that are unconstitutional, and
AD> should be repealed.
So you admit that people have the right to use your material
as they like it. However you feel they should pay for it
And you are right. The only thing you do not understand is that
they cannot be forced to by but they must do it by there good will

--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt