[free-sklyarov] Backlash

Tony Abou-Assaleh tabouass at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 26 23:15:26 PDT 2001

> You don't _own_ anything (except insofar as you own the physical medium
> that it's stored on) - you have a limited monopoly on certain
> acts of publishing that material.

I think you disagreement with the term "own" is just like our arguement
that pirating and hacking don't really mean what they used to mean. Many
terms have new meanings in the digital world. My guess is that owning is
one of them.

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Graduate Student, Department of Computer Science
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G1
Office:  DC2503
Phone:   (519) 888-4567 Ext. 3399
Email:   taa at acm.org