[free-sklyarov] Hacker or Not?

Keith A. Glass salgak at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 27 06:32:00 PDT 2001

True.  But the media in general, defines hackers, as a general case, as
"nasty nerds who break into computers and do nasty things".

It's not the actual definition, but we all know that although we as a community created the word, we don't own it, and don't own the commonly-accepted definition.

I hate to be all Washington and such, but it's a matter of spin control. . .

"hacker"=bad   "programmer"= good

At times like this, you have to wonder where the Lone Gunmen are, when we REALLY need them <g>